- Comply with the Privacy ACT 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Ensure that we manage your personal information in an open and transparent way.
- Explain the type of information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, hold ,use and disclose that information.
- Explain how you can obtain details of the information we collect from you.
- Make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and to keep your personal information secure.
What is your personal information ?
What personal information do we collect and hold ?
- Information that we may require to identify and contact you, including your name, address, telephone number and/or email address;
- Information we may require to confirm your identity, including your driver’s license,business name and/or bank card;
- Information that may assist us to confirm your financial position when you are considering a credit arrangement, including your credit card details, bank details and purchase history;
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information neessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through the use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
Why do we require your personal information ?
How do we collect your personal information ?
- Directly from you, either in person or over the phone
- When you place and order via the Website
- When you interact with the Website
- From other sources
- Digital form submission
- User registration forms and Newsletter sign-ups.
- Loyalty Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Databases & Customer lists
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information ?
- We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all.
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions.
- We may not be able to provide refunds or warranties with in a timely manner or at all with out the above requested information.
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be enjoyable or useful.
For what purpose do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information ?
- Set up and activate your account with Andrew’s IT Solutions
- To enable us to provide a product or service to you.
- To facilitate and process your orders and payments.
- To respond to your queries or requests about our products or services.
- To facilitate your entry into competitions
- To our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you , and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you.,
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you
- To relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks
- To advise you of new products and services, including for marketing and re-marketing purposes.
- To our third party service providers for use in direct marketing of promotions, products and services.
To whom may we disclose your information ?
We may disclose your personal information;
- Our employees, related body corporates or services providers for the purposes of operation of website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services including, without limitation web hosting providers.
- IT systems administrators, mailing houses, payment processors, and couriers. Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes.
- Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia ?
We may disclose your personal information to our third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Unsolicited personal information
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy ?
If you are concerned with the way your personal information has been handled then you are entitled to make a complaint. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to resolve your complaint within a timely manner, and deal with your complaint as follows;
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint and provide you with a reasonable time frame for resolving your complaint.
- Liaise with relevant departments within Andrew’s IT Solutions, who may assist in resolving your complaint; and
- Provide you with our reasoning of how your complaint has been dealt with,
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we will advise you to make further inquiries, or make a complaint directly with the Privacy Commissioner.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Changes to this policy