- Comply with the Privacy ACT 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) ACT 2012 and the Australian Principles (APPs).
- Ensure that we manage your Personal Information in an open and transparent way.
- Explain the type of information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
- Explain how you can obtain details of the information we collect from you.
- Make sure your Personal Information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us, and to keep your Personal Information secure.
What is your Personal Information ?
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Profession or Occupation.
If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
What Personal Information do we collect & hold ?
We will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to the specific service or services that we are providing to you. We may request that you provide some or all of the above following information:
- Information that we may require to identify and contact you, including your name, address , telephone number and / or email address.
- Information we may require to confirm your identity, including your driver’s license, business name and / or bank card.
- Information that may assist us to confirm your financial position when you are considering a credit arrangement, including your credit details, bank details and purchase history.
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries.
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through the use of our website or online presence, through representatives or otherwise.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with goods and services that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
Why do we require your Personal Information ?
We might need to collect, hold, use or disclose your Personal Information in order to provide goods and services to you. Our main services include the sale and delivery of goods, providing information and responding queries in relation to our goods and services, facilitating competitions, processing of warranties and co-ordinating installation of goods.
How do we collect your Personal Information ?
The means by which we collect your Personal Information will depend on the nature of service that we are providing to you. We may collect your Personal Information;
- Directly from you, either in person or over the phone.
- When you place and order via the Website.
- When you interact with the Website.
- From other sources
- Digital form submission
- User Registration forms and newsletter sign ups.
- Loyalty memberships & subscriptions
- Customer feedback
- Databases & Customer lists.
A cookie is a small data file that websites may write to your local computer storage when you visit them. The only personal information a cookie can obtain is information supplied by the user. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read a cookie created by other sites.
Most web browsers are defaulted to accept and maintain cookies and you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it or not.
Andrews IT Solutions uses third party cookies to track users habits so that we can improve our online products and services. These third party cookies can be disabled by the user.
What happens if we can’t collect your Personal Information ?
If you do not provide us with the Personal Information described above, some of or all of the following may happen;
- We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all.
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions.
- We may not be able to provide refunds or warranties with in a timely manner or at all with out the above requested information.
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be enjoyable or useful.
For what purpose do we collect , hold, use & disclose your Personal Information ?
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related such purpose such as;
- Setup and activate your account with Andrews IT Solutions
- To enable us to provide a product or service to you
- To facilitate and process your orders and payments.
- To respond to your queries or requests about our products or services.
- To our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs to develop, improve and market our products and services to you.
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date.
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you.
- To relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks
- To advise you of new products and services, including for marketing and re-marketing purposes.
- To our third party service providers for use in direct marketing of promotions, products and services.
We will not disclose your Personal Information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
To whom may we disclose your Information ?
We may disclose your Personal Information;
- Our employees, related body corporates or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services including, without limitation web hosting providers.
- IT Systems Administrators, mailing houses, payment processors, and couriers. Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing and related purposes.
- Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct Marketing Materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various formats , including mail and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the SPAM ACT 2003 (Cth).
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so, In addition at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided within the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How you can access and correct your personal information ?
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us, where we hold information your are entitled to access, we will try and provide you with a suitable means of accessing it either by mail or emailing it to you.
For most requests your information will be provided free of charge, however we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires substantial effort on our part, We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for any corrections to your Personal Information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. We may refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or it would result in any breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, the we will also provide you with an opportunity to correct any of your Personal Information that we hold. If you require access to, or if you need correct details of your Personal Information please contact us.
Do we disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside Australia ?
We may disclose your Personal Information to our third party suppliers and service providers overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information.
Unsolicited Personal Information
In the circumstances when we may receive Personal Information about you that we have not requested or taken steps to know, we will only hold onto such information where the information is necessary with dealings with you.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy ?
If you are concerned with the way your Personal Information has been handled then you are entitled to make a complaint. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to resolve your complaint within a timely manner, and deal with your complaint as follows;
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint and provide you with a reasonable time frame for resolving your complaint.
- Liaise with relevant departments within Andrews IT Solutions, who may assist in resolving your complaint, and
- Provide you with our reasoning of how your complaint has been dealt with.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we will advise you to make further inquiries, or make a complaint with the Privacy Commissioner.
We will treat your requests and complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Changes to this Policy